How Susceptible is your Business to Security Threats?
If you’re not prepared to answer that question, it’s time for a detailed assessment of your organization’s security posture.
The reality is that no matter how large or small your company is, or what industry you are in, you are at risk of data breaches and other cyber threats. Those incidents can be costly to any enterprise and in many ways. While risk mitigation efforts come with costs, those costs pale in comparison to the financial, regulatory, and reputational risks businesses face when their cyber security efforts fail.
Simply put, your “security posture” is the status of your company’s IT infrastructure, and its preparedness to ward off would-be attackers.
Your security posture involves your business systems (software and hardware), processes, employees and clients. It also encompasses the dependencies and interrelatedness between them, as well as the capabilities you have in place to protect them.
Finally, your company’s security posture also includes your capacity to change, adapting to ever-evolving threats in the information technology and cybersecurity landscape.
Have questions about the strength of your security strategy and plans? Request a complimentary consultation today with one of our security experts.
Assessing Your Threat Susceptibility and Preparedness
To truly evaluate your organization’s current security posture and conduct an effective threat assessment, you need to have a solid picture of your organization’s risks, including SaaS, social networking, and other applications used, web browsing activity, file transfer types and applications, and potential threats.
A threat assessment should help you address the following questions:
- What applications are running on your network?
- How much bandwidth do applications use?
- Which applications pose the greatest risk to your organization?
- What types of web-browsing activities pose the highest risk in your company?
- What types of files and applications are used to transfer information across your network?
- Are there system flaws that could be exploited?
- Is there previously-undetected malware, spyware, or viruses?
- How quickly are you able to get information about your current security status?
- Are your current systems and processes in compliance with all applicable standards?
- Are you able to quickly and nimbly implement new security policies?
- How quickly can you correlate IP addresses with users?
- Can you easily see and manage encrypted applications, or those that are tunneled or use port hopping?
- Do you have the capability of easily running reports showing which employees ran certain applications or processes?
Most organizations lack the tools to adequately review their own security postures, and to conduct industry comparisons. At Elev8 Cloud Technologies, we know how important information security is. That’s why we offer a complimentary Security Review designed to help companies gain greater visibility into their systems.
By understanding your security posture better, you can take action to improve it. Ultimately, this should help you improve threat prevention, more effectively identify threats when they occur, and reduce resulting downtime.
Working with a trusted partner for your business’ communication and networking needs can help put the tools you need in your hands. To learn more about Elev8’s complimentary Security Review process, Call us today .